I love sundays! Been visiting the flea market every Sunday for the past two months and I’ve scored on a few treasures! Yesterday we hit up the Melrose Trading post and although it wasn’t a successful trip in finding cool furniture, I still left with a cool Andy Warhol poster (replica of course), vintage distressed American flag and vases!
It’s always one of my favorite things to do on a sunday! You find amazing gems, cool inspiration and a bunch of street style eye candy!
- Arrive early. Usually, all the best vendors will have their best merchandise early in the a.m. so arrive early to really score on unique pieces. Plus, you beat the crowd and parking situation!
- Bring cash. I know, it’s kind of an inconvenience but bringing cash can probably save you money. You can negotiate a better deal this way with the vendors! Trust.
- Wear comfy shoes. Forget your heels (unless they’re super comfy of course!). You will do plenty of walking so make sure to wear flats, sandals, booties or my have, Converse! They’ll look cute with a flowy summer dress!
- Bring a camera. Or your iPhone will do too.. It’s fun taking photos of things you see and like. There are sooo many interesting things, that it’s great to take pictures of so that you can maybe later reference back for a DIY project, inspiration, or you can find it cheaper somewhere else!
- Extra bag(s). Bring a couple of bags with you; like a big canvas tote or even a little cart. This will help you store all of your buys in one place.
Have fun at the next flea market!