Investing in one good bag can go a long way. It really makes all the difference when you have one bag that can last a lifetime. My obsessesion with handbags came when I had my first job and could afford to buy my own bag. I bought a marc by marc jacobs bag (that I still have to this day!) and I thought I was the coolest girl ever.
I think it’s important to save and invest in a great designer bag. The price tag on these kind of bags might scare you, but it’s definitely worth every penny of your money because you’ll have it for years to come. You want a bag that will withstand years of wear and any trends.
Make sure you absolutely love it; that it’s your dream bag. Don’t get caught up in “trendy” pieces. Classic ones like the Céline luggage, Chanel 2.55 or Goyard tote will never go out of style and can be handed down to your kids.
On my recent trip to Paris, I knew that the one thing I wanted to splurge on was a handbag. For one, it’s the mecca of all the beautiful designer handbags and two, it’s tax free with the VAT refund… definitely well worth it. The Goyard tote has been on my wish list for a while now and I was excited to take a trip down to the store to check them out. Sure enough, after a few mins of trying it on, I knew I had to have it. It’s so versatile, easy to wear and classic. They have an array of cool colors, I was between the red, green and blue, but ended up opting for the black; for versatility purposes.
It’s been my go-to bag for these last two weeks; I’m so excited I was able to cross it off my wish list and it’s added to my bag collection! Take a look at what’s currently in my bag…
- Louis Vuitton passport wallet- I use as my everyday wallet
- Karen Walker sunglasses- I always carry two pairs of sunglasses in my bag at all times; the other pair is my good ol’ Ray Bans- not pictured
- Comme des Garcons coin purse- obsessed with this wallet; fits my credit cards and phone too.. works perfect when I’m on the go and just want to take a small wallet. (love this color too)
- Surf Spray by Bumble & Bumble- I love to spray some of this to give my hair some beachy texture!
- Eye drops- I’m obsessed with eyedrops; I usually use Rohto but ran out so had to buy these from Clear Eyes.
- Notebook- Perfect little notebook to help keep me organized throughout my day. I love jotting down ideas for the blog, inspiration, quotes, to-do lists, wishlists etc.
- Clinique chubby sticks- Totally my new favorite lipsticks! Such cute natural colors and moisturizes my lips too.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy roll on perfume- easy to wear and smells so pretty + fresh! My go-to scent #MJDAISYCHAIN
- Frends earphones- I love jammin’ to my fave songs while waiting at the car wash, nail salon or talking on the phone.
- Madewell neon keychain + Laduree macaron keychain (gift from my Betty)
Other bags I’m currently craving: