Let’s talk about the perfect white tee and it’s versatility. It’s a simple basic that often gets overlooked, but it’s one of my top favorites to mix n’ match with.
There’s something fresh about having that perfectly worn white tee to throw on when you’re in a rush or when all fails. It’s easy, simple and so effortless.
Most of the time, I wear my favorite white tee(s) with a tailored blazer and ripped jeans for an off duty look or for something more casual, I pair my tee with a mini skirt and sneakers.
Finding the ‘right’ white tee can take a while especially if it’s going to become one of your wardrobe staples.. it needs to be perfect. Here are my top 5 styles to look for when buying your favorite white tee:
- SUPER SOFT: The softer it is, the more worn in it’ll get. Make sure to look for a mix of cotton + modal when purchasing a super soft tee…. or a linen/cotton blend.
- BOYFRIEND: This style comes in a more oversized fit, so make sure to size down so that it gives you the right amount of looseness.
- DESTROYED: My favorite out of the 5, for sure. Look for distressed details like holes, raw hedges, frayed collars and cool washes. For this style, it’s best to stick to a bit of an oversized fit for a cooler look.
- POCKET: This ones cute and charming. Try to find one with a small pocket and short sleeves so that it’s not overwhelming. This style tee always looks great with a pair of boyfriend jeans!
- V-NECK: V-necks are a bit sexy. Find one with a wide v-neck so that you can show off that great neck of yours….and of course that clavicle bone! Layer up dainty neckles for the added touch.