During our two night stay in Key West with our buddies, Betty + Mathieu, we headed to Higgs Memorial Beach for a fun afternoon in the sun. It was a bit small, but the water was amazingly nice and warm that we couldn’t complain. We went pretty far into the ocean and played around until my fingers started to get wrinkly then I decided to just layout the rest of the day.
This whole summer, I’ve been so into one piece suits. Used to hate them before but for some reason, I’ve been diggin’ them quite a lot this summer. I’ve collected quite a collection of one piece suits, but this black one is probably one of my favorite ones. The cut out hearts is the cutest. I decided to actually style it up, yes even if its at the beach.. you gotta look good even at the beach!… so I layered a bunch of my favorite long necklaces for a cool boho look!
A few snaps from that day, and beautiful sunsets we got to witness.
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]swimsuit: loliswim[/do]
More one-piece suits:
I love sundays! Been visiting the flea market every Sunday for the past two months and I’ve scored on a few treasures! Yesterday we hit up the Melrose Trading post and although it wasn’t a successful trip in finding cool furniture, I still left with a cool Andy Warhol poster (replica of course), vintage distressed American flag and vases!
It’s always one of my favorite things to do on a sunday! You find amazing gems, cool inspiration and a bunch of street style eye candy!
- Arrive early. Usually, all the best vendors will have their best merchandise early in the a.m. so arrive early to really score on unique pieces. Plus, you beat the crowd and parking situation!
- Bring cash. I know, it’s kind of an inconvenience but bringing cash can probably save you money. You can negotiate a better deal this way with the vendors! Trust.
- Wear comfy shoes. Forget your heels (unless they’re super comfy of course!). You will do plenty of walking so make sure to wear flats, sandals, booties or my have, Converse! They’ll look cute with a flowy summer dress!
- Bring a camera. Or your iPhone will do too.. It’s fun taking photos of things you see and like. There are sooo many interesting things, that it’s great to take pictures of so that you can maybe later reference back for a DIY project, inspiration, or you can find it cheaper somewhere else!
- Extra bag(s). Bring a couple of bags with you; like a big canvas tote or even a little cart. This will help you store all of your buys in one place.
Have fun at the next flea market!
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]Blouse: Denim & Supply by RL
Skirt: Vintage Levi’s
Sandals: Isabel Marant
Bag: Vin Baker
Sunnies: Karen Walker
Hat: Janessa Leone[/do]