For this weeks The Staple, we are focusing on all cool cross body bags! I’m a bag kinda girl, big time!, so I try to have an array of different style bags for my collection. It’s the one thing that I really do obsess over and try to save up money for. I usually lean towards big bags to dump my whole life in them, but I have about 5 great cross body bags that always save me when I want to be on the-go! Cross body bags are my ideal kinda bag because if you’re a busy girl like me, always running around, carrying a bunch of things, traveling, then you need a hands-free bag to help facilitate your day. Crossbody bags are perfect for that!
I try to always get neutral colors so that it’s more versatile so I stick to black, brown, cream and salmon colors! Find your perfect cross body bag and have fun shopping hands-free of a bag!
This week I’m all about the color RED, more specifically CHERRY red. The bright bold color is one that definitely demands attention. It’s sexy. It’s powerful. It’s fun and it even makes you feel confident.
It’s a color that you have to kinda be in the mood for, but once you have it on, you’d wish you’d wear more often. We all need to wear more red… at least I do!
Above are some cool picks from clothes, accessories to shoes and wallets in cherry red. It’s the perfect color to wear year round! Below you’ll see two looks styled for two different occasions wearing the same color. Hope you find some inspiration for this weekend and wear cherry red! x
OUT SHOPPING: You want to be stylish while not jeopardizing comfort when you’re shopping. Pair your favorite Levi’s shorts with a dressier red blouse and cool sneakers to help you last longer walking. Add a pop of leopard for a fun touch! Wear your hair in a pony, add some big round sunnies and pretty star earrings for the off-duty-chic look!
GALLERY OPENING: This is a cool event with fun and creative people all around you, so you want to make sure you stand out from the rest. A cherry red dress will definitely make you stand out! So, slip on your nicest silky dress and try to pair it with a leather moto jacket for that effortless look. Since you are standing around quite a lot checking out the art, I suggest throwing on a pair of fancy flats to keep you going all night, plus it looks unique!
Let’s talk about the perfect white tee and it’s versatility. It’s a simple basic that often gets overlooked, but it’s one of my top favorites to mix n’ match with.
There’s something fresh about having that perfectly worn white tee to throw on when you’re in a rush or when all fails. It’s easy, simple and so effortless.
Most of the time, I wear my favorite white tee(s) with a tailored blazer and ripped jeans for an off duty look or for something more casual, I pair my tee with a mini skirt and sneakers.
Finding the ‘right’ white tee can take a while especially if it’s going to become one of your wardrobe staples.. it needs to be perfect. Here are my top 5 styles to look for when buying your favorite white tee:
- SUPER SOFT: The softer it is, the more worn in it’ll get. Make sure to look for a mix of cotton + modal when purchasing a super soft tee…. or a linen/cotton blend.
- T by ALEXANDER WANG
- BOYFRIEND: This style comes in a more oversized fit, so make sure to size down so that it gives you the right amount of looseness.
- ACNE STUDIOS
- BLK DNM
- DESTROYED: My favorite out of the 5, for sure. Look for distressed details like holes, raw hedges, frayed collars and cool washes. For this style, it’s best to stick to a bit of an oversized fit for a cooler look.
- FREE PEOPLE
- POCKET: This ones cute and charming. Try to find one with a small pocket and short sleeves so that it’s not overwhelming. This style tee always looks great with a pair of boyfriend jeans!
- RAG & BONE
- V-NECK: V-necks are a bit sexy. Find one with a wide v-neck so that you can show off that great neck of yours….and of course that clavicle bone! Layer up dainty neckles for the added touch.