Let’s talk about the perfect white tee and it’s versatility. It’s a simple basic that often gets overlooked, but it’s one of my top favorites to mix n’ match with.
There’s something fresh about having that perfectly worn white tee to throw on when you’re in a rush or when all fails. It’s easy, simple and so effortless.
Most of the time, I wear my favorite white tee(s) with a tailored blazer and ripped jeans for an off duty look or for something more casual, I pair my tee with a mini skirt and sneakers.
Finding the ‘right’ white tee can take a while especially if it’s going to become one of your wardrobe staples.. it needs to be perfect. Here are my top 5 styles to look for when buying your favorite white tee:
- SUPER SOFT: The softer it is, the more worn in it’ll get. Make sure to look for a mix of cotton + modal when purchasing a super soft tee…. or a linen/cotton blend.
- T by ALEXANDER WANG
- BOYFRIEND: This style comes in a more oversized fit, so make sure to size down so that it gives you the right amount of looseness.
- ACNE STUDIOS
- BLK DNM
- DESTROYED: My favorite out of the 5, for sure. Look for distressed details like holes, raw hedges, frayed collars and cool washes. For this style, it’s best to stick to a bit of an oversized fit for a cooler look.
- FREE PEOPLE
- POCKET: This ones cute and charming. Try to find one with a small pocket and short sleeves so that it’s not overwhelming. This style tee always looks great with a pair of boyfriend jeans!
- RAG & BONE
- V-NECK: V-necks are a bit sexy. Find one with a wide v-neck so that you can show off that great neck of yours….and of course that clavicle bone! Layer up dainty neckles for the added touch.
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]SAVE: MOSSIMO lainey perforated flats | ASOS lover boy ballet flats | RIVER ISLAND pink gem stone ballet flats
INVESTMENT: TOD’S classic ballerina flats | JENNI KAYNE D’Orsay flat | VIVIENNE WESTWOOD melissa divine ballerina flats
SPLURGE: CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA kitty stud flats | SAINT LAURENT metallic pointy toe ballet flat | VALENTINO rockstud ballerina flats[/do]
I get many questions about what staple pieces one should have in their wardrobe and there’s a handful of items to always have. One of the key items on that list is definitely: flats.
Heels are always a must, but they’re not always the most comfortable. Personally, I like to stick to being comfortable throughout my whole day and I know I can always rely on a pair of flats. Now a days there are so many amazing styles to pick from! I really do think that if you can save up for one GOOD pair of flats now, then your wardrobe/closet will thank you later. I always say that you don’t have to compromise style for comfort, so buy a pretty pair to take you throughout your whole day… they’re perfect for school, traveling, running errands, and everything else in between.
A few other options:
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]KATE SPADE tropical floral scarf / DOLCE & GABBANA floral print pouch / TOPSHOP floral shorts / SAM & LAVI tank / BONNE MAISON floral socks / BAUBLE BAR floral earrings / VANS tropical floral sneakers / TOPSHOP tropical print dress / FREE PEOPLE leather floral embossed backpack / DANNIJO rivington necklace / BIRKENSTOCK x MARTA FERRI floral print sandals / ZERO GRAVITY lolita iphone case[/do]
For this weeks Currently Craving, I’m all about florals for summer! Floral print on anything from sneakers to iPhone cases to dresses is the way to pull off a pretty and feminine summer! Pay attention to the smallest details like embossed leather or cute little socks, it will help add some uniqueness to your look!
Also, try having fun and making flower crowns. Grab all your close girlfriends and make an afternoon of it! Your flower crown will definitely be the cutest accessory this summer!