Super quick hello!
I’ve been struggling to update due to poor internet connection (I am traveling) + my dashboard on my blog wasn’t working. I had to get in contact with the folks over at WP to have them fix it asap and they were able to fix it today! Whew! I feel like I’ve neglected you guys! How are you guys doing?
Over the weekend, we took a visit to the Rose Bowl flea market- always a favorite of mine! I was looking for specific items like vintage vases + bottles… they’re going to be for my sister’s floral arrangements that we will be making for her baby shower next week! I came across a few, but had no idea a small vintage bottle can run a high price of $75-$95! Whoa! Too high of a price especially because I would be needing around 50-60 of them! Towards the end though, I did come across a few that only cost me $1 each…. that’s more my type of deal!
Anyway, I’m currently in Florida and going to soak up some rays, excited to be back here! More on that in a bit so check back in!
Super casual for flea market sundays! Converse sneakers always seem to make any outfit that much more better! Love ‘em.
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]Blouse: Zara (similar here)
Sunglasses: Ray Bans[/do]
More ethnic print shorts:
I love sundays! Been visiting the flea market every Sunday for the past two months and I’ve scored on a few treasures! Yesterday we hit up the Melrose Trading post and although it wasn’t a successful trip in finding cool furniture, I still left with a cool Andy Warhol poster (replica of course), vintage distressed American flag and vases!
It’s always one of my favorite things to do on a sunday! You find amazing gems, cool inspiration and a bunch of street style eye candy!
- Arrive early. Usually, all the best vendors will have their best merchandise early in the a.m. so arrive early to really score on unique pieces. Plus, you beat the crowd and parking situation!
- Bring cash. I know, it’s kind of an inconvenience but bringing cash can probably save you money. You can negotiate a better deal this way with the vendors! Trust.
- Wear comfy shoes. Forget your heels (unless they’re super comfy of course!). You will do plenty of walking so make sure to wear flats, sandals, booties or my have, Converse! They’ll look cute with a flowy summer dress!
- Bring a camera. Or your iPhone will do too.. It’s fun taking photos of things you see and like. There are sooo many interesting things, that it’s great to take pictures of so that you can maybe later reference back for a DIY project, inspiration, or you can find it cheaper somewhere else!
- Extra bag(s). Bring a couple of bags with you; like a big canvas tote or even a little cart. This will help you store all of your buys in one place.
Have fun at the next flea market!
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]Blouse: Denim & Supply by RL
Skirt: Vintage Levi’s
Sandals: Isabel Marant
Bag: Vin Baker
Sunnies: Karen Walker
Hat: Janessa Leone[/do]
Whew! What a week! Probably one of my busiest weeks I’ve had in a while; seemed like I never stopped. Was excited to have the weekend arrive because I was eager to go check out the flea market on Sunday for a cool coffee table and a dining table that I’m going to use as a conference desk for my office! I was so hyped when I came across a vendor who had really nice industrial looking furniture; immediately from 15 ft away I noticed what could be what I’ve been looking for!
Sure enough, I approached his booth and fell instantly in love with a wooden coffee table and dining table he had displayed. They both had a very simple, industrial look that went with my whole theme for the office. Usually, it takes me months to find what I’m looking for, let along a few pieces the same day, so you could imagine my joy when I scored two of the main pieces on my checklist this weekend!
How was your weekend? Any flea market finds? xx
ps- picked up these bright yellow flat sandals over the weekend too; Barney’s CO-OP was having a sale and they’ve been my favorite purchase this month! They’re so different from anything I own, especially the color! They’re definitely going to be my summer staple!!
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]Tee: COS
Jeans: Denim & Supply by RL
Clutch: Antik Batik
Sandals: Barney’s NY
Evil eye bracelet: Jennifer Zeuner[/do]