Finally, my beauty regimen! Many of you constantly ask about the products I use everyday to wash + moisturize my face as well as my ‘everyday’ make-up products. So here they are!
It’s fairly easy to have great skin to be honest, but I must admit, I wasn’t always good about being consistent with my face routine. I would always have those days when I would get home so late that the last thing I wanted to do was take off my make-up and wash my face, I was lazy. Those little things can really hurt your skin! Of course working out, drinking water and eating healthy make it that much easier to see a difference in your skin.
After a few of those nights where I wouldn’t remove my make-up, I noticed I would break out with a couple of blemishes here and there. My skin is really sensitive therefore not washing my face, eating junk food, or even being stressed out really shows up on my skin. So I made a pledge to myself to always remove my make-up and wash my face no matter how tired I am, every single day – twice a day.
It took me a while to get a really good routine going, but now that I have one, I’m sticking to it and have noticed a major difference. I used to get facials once in a while but was never consistent (again, here we go with consistency, see?), but decided to really make that a top priority now. There should be no if’s, and’s or but’s when it comes to your skin. We splurge on material things we really don’t need, so saving that extra money every month for a facial is far more important. I now get one hour facials every 3 weeks and my skin loves me for it. I also try to stick to the same products as much as I can so that my skin doesn’t react in a negative way to something new.
Another big part of having great skin for me is working out. I’ve never been much of a fitness girl to be honest, but as I’m getting older I’ve realized how important it is to be healthy with working out + eating healthy. This year I’ve teamed up with one of my friends to train me. We work out 3-4 times a week and focus on upper body, abs and legs the most. This is probably one of the most obvious things that I’ve noticed has helped my skin dramatically. My skin looks so great, blemish free when I work out 3-4 a week, it’s crazy. It feels pure and makes my skin have an amazing glow too. When I don’t workout, I start breaking out so I try to be consistent with the gym but it’s hard when I travel a lot, my routine gets all messed up.
So, get into a groove and work out, not only will you feel and look great (hello abs!) but your skin will be radiant!
Drinking water is the number ONE thing we should be consistent with. Your skin and body will thank you later. It really makes all the difference.
My routine is fairly simple in this order:
- FACE WIPES / KORRES pomegranate cleansing wipes (I use these too) To wipe off all my makeup and dirt.
- FACE WASH / FRESH rose cleansing foam I wash my face with luke warm water and dry up by dabbing my face with a clean towel.
- FACE TONER / CLARIN’S toning lotion (favorite product and makes my skin feel extra clean without feeling dry) This helps my skin feel even but also removing any excess makeup/dirt I left behind even when washing.
- BLEMISH SPOT TREATMENT / SKINCEUTICALS blemish and age defense For those blemish I may get, I leave overnight and wash it off in the morning.
- SPF CREAM / SHISHEIDO ultimate sun protection cream Always wear SPF cream. It’s important to protect our skin and this is perfect to get the job done. Slather some on your body and on your face before you put on your lotion + makeup.
- FACE LOTION / CLARIN’S hydra-matte lotion (I switch out between this lotion and the serum moisturizer)
- SERUM MOISTURIZER / AESOP anti-oxidant serum (great for dry, combination and sensitive skin to help hydrate and moisturize)
- EYE CREAM / CLARIN’S total eye concentrate Perfect for the under eye area and wrinkles!
- BODY OIL / CLARIN’S body tonic oil treatment Obsessed with this! Makes your skin feel luxurious while firming it!
- EYE DROPS / RHOTO eyedrops I only use this in the mornings after I wash my face. Makes my eyes feel amazing and removes all the redness.
- BLOTTING PAPERS / SEPHORA herbal blotting papers I have really oily skin (it’s so annoying!) but I try to always keep these in my purse to help minimize the excess oil and so my makeup stays fresh.
TWICE A WEEK:
- MUD MASK /GLAMGLOW youth mud mask (i use this one once a month aside from my facial appointments and it works miracles…. probably best mask I’ve tried), No7 purifying mask , SKINCEUTICALS clay mask (i use this one twice a week and it’s amazing!) or a homemade mask (with lemon, oatmeal and honey)
So there you have it, my top products I use on a daily basis. I don’t have perfect skin, but the more consistent I am with drinking water, working out and (trying!) to stay away from sweet pastries, the prettier my skin will look. Stick to a routine and pledge to yourself that your skin will come first. Your skin is definitely YOUR BEST ACCESSORY so take care of it. Splurge on the right products and facials instead of heels you really don’t need.
Stay tuned for more of the Beauty Corner editions! Any specific products you want to know about? Leave a comment…. I have my ‘everyday’ make-up products coming up and a hair product edition too! xo