I’m definitely one to have many of the same pieces like leather skinnys or denim button downs. They’re the most versatile of the bunch so I make sure to always have several new pairs a season!
Loving these leather ones from Paige because they’re comfy, the fit is awesome and the details make them stand out which I love. I do enjoy collecting denim button downs because I use them in multiple ways: waist wrap-arounds, as a layering piece, to wear as jackets over dresses.. I mean the possibilities are endless.
Pairing leather pants with a denim button down has got to be one of my favorite combos- it’s like 101 basic styling!
Just remember, it’s all in the details:
- unique zippers on leather pants
- quilting on the knees for a moto look
- unbuttoning your denim shirt for an easy breezy vibe
- rolling up your sleeves
- tucking in the from part of your shirt
- wearing a cool pair of pumps or even stand-out sneakers
Unbuttoning your denim shirt is a sexy way to look a bit undone and effortless. I use double-sided tape to keep my shirt in place. Or wear a lacy bralette to peek through a bit.
I love tucking in my button down shirts from the front only, leave the back untuck and loose. Makes all the difference. It’s cooler, more effortless.
The zippers on these leather pants adds the perfect edgy detail and makes them stand out from any leather pants. Big love!
A great suede pump is the key component to pulling off these two great pieces together: leather x denim.
It’s all in the details! Adding a bandana to your bag or even your neck, can add the coolest dash of print!
PAIGE DENIM denim shirt
PAIGE DENIM ‘Edgemont’leather pants
CHLOE ‘Faye’ bag
MGEMI suede pumps
Keepin’ it simple and so summery with a 70’s modern vibe in these awesome flares from Paige.
I’ve always been a little intimidated to wear flare jeans because they’re really hard to pull off.. but I love when they have details that make them feel more “me”, like the rips on the knees for example. That’s soooo me!
Stickin’ to a light colored combo makes it easy to go through a long day of over 85 degree weather. Definitely not complaining about the weather.. it’s been really nice to have watermelon, icy popsicles, and lay out by the beach!
Gotta run now, chat soon! x
PAIGE DENIM ‘georgina’ tank
PAIGE DENIM high rise bell canyon flares
ISABEL MARANT leather heels
CHLOE ‘faye’ bag
I’m such a denim girl… from skinny jeans to boyfriend jeans to denim jackets to even denim shirts, I’m all about denim. Probably one of my favorite things to invest on since it’s the easiest and most versatile piece to re-wear!
Here’s a few tips on the kind of details to look for when buying new denim:
- distressed. I love distressed details because it makes your denim feel more worn-in and like you’ve owned it for years!
- washes. Probably the first thing I look for when buying any kind of denim. It needs to be the right wash- no harsh lines or any green tone wash! I always stick to soft blues and look a bit faded!
- rips. Definitely my favorite thing for jeans! Rips on the knees are the coolest detail to any jeans whether on skinny or boyfriend jeans! It adds such a cool, effortless flair that you definitely want to have in your look!
- length. I’m real particular about my denim, especially when it comes to jeans. I like to have them come right above my ankles! Something about showing off your ankles is sexy! Stick to what compliments your body type. I know that for me, wearing jeans right about my ankle feels good and helps elongate my legs a bit! Find a good tailor to go-to so that they can fix your pieces to perfectly fit you!
- frayed edges. These edges are definitely my number detail when it comes to cut-off shorts! The more frayed the better!
- patches. Have fun and buy some already with patches (like these that I’m wearing!) or add some of your own for a more unique look!
PAIGE ‘Verdugo’ deconstructed jeans
PAIGE ‘Martine’ top
ISABEL MARANT ‘Bekett’ wedge sneakers (love these lower top versions)
ELISABETH WEINSTOCK ‘Sydney’ tote