I’m such a denim girl… from skinny jeans to boyfriend jeans to denim jackets to even denim shirts, I’m all about denim. Probably one of my favorite things to invest on since it’s the easiest and most versatile piece to re-wear!
Here’s a few tips on the kind of details to look for when buying new denim:
- distressed. I love distressed details because it makes your denim feel more worn-in and like you’ve owned it for years!
- washes. Probably the first thing I look for when buying any kind of denim. It needs to be the right wash- no harsh lines or any green tone wash! I always stick to soft blues and look a bit faded!
- rips. Definitely my favorite thing for jeans! Rips on the knees are the coolest detail to any jeans whether on skinny or boyfriend jeans! It adds such a cool, effortless flair that you definitely want to have in your look!
- length. I’m real particular about my denim, especially when it comes to jeans. I like to have them come right above my ankles! Something about showing off your ankles is sexy! Stick to what compliments your body type. I know that for me, wearing jeans right about my ankle feels good and helps elongate my legs a bit! Find a good tailor to go-to so that they can fix your pieces to perfectly fit you!
- frayed edges. These edges are definitely my number detail when it comes to cut-off shorts! The more frayed the better!
- patches. Have fun and buy some already with patches (like these that I’m wearing!) or add some of your own for a more unique look!
PAIGE ‘Verdugo’ deconstructed jeans
PAIGE ‘Martine’ top
ISABEL MARANT ‘Bekett’ wedge sneakers (love these lower top versions)
ELISABETH WEINSTOCK ‘Sydney’ tote
It’s nice to switch out your skinny jeans or your leather mini to something even more comfier and sleeker…. leather tracking pants!
I hardly wear tracking pants, not even at home, but when they’re leather and look this cool, I wish I could wear them everyday. Since the weather was a bit cold and gloomy this day, a soft turtleneck was the only thing that would be keep warm up top.
Now I know what I’ll be traveling in for my next trip… leather tracking pants! Yes!
For our lunch break, we decided to finally check out brunch at the Ace Hotel in Downtown LA. We’ve been so excited that the Ace finally opened and could only imagine how much cooler DTLA will get in the next couple of years.
We shared plates so we opted for the big breakfast plate, ricotta pancakes, and a grilled cheese with lattes. The big breafast and ricotta pancakes were ahhh-maazing. Probably the best pancakes I’ve had. We didn’t care for the grilled cheese- kinda sucked, so skip it if you eat there!
We sat outside to enjoy a gloomy but beautiful day. The sitting area is probably my favorite… it reminds me of a cute little Parisienne cafe! Oh… the roof top at the Ace has a cool view of DTLA, awesome bar, pool and lounge area. Definitely one of my go-to places as of late! xo
[do action=”rstyle-post-links”]Leather pants: Rebecca Taylor
Sneakers: Isabel Marant
Bag: MC by Alexander McQueen[/do]
Shop similar items: