I’m such a denim girl… from skinny jeans to boyfriend jeans to denim jackets to even denim shirts, I’m all about denim. Probably one of my favorite things to invest on since it’s the easiest and most versatile piece to re-wear!
Here’s a few tips on the kind of details to look for when buying new denim:
- distressed. I love distressed details because it makes your denim feel more worn-in and like you’ve owned it for years!
- washes. Probably the first thing I look for when buying any kind of denim. It needs to be the right wash- no harsh lines or any green tone wash! I always stick to soft blues and look a bit faded!
- rips. Definitely my favorite thing for jeans! Rips on the knees are the coolest detail to any jeans whether on skinny or boyfriend jeans! It adds such a cool, effortless flair that you definitely want to have in your look!
- length. I’m real particular about my denim, especially when it comes to jeans. I like to have them come right above my ankles! Something about showing off your ankles is sexy! Stick to what compliments your body type. I know that for me, wearing jeans right about my ankle feels good and helps elongate my legs a bit! Find a good tailor to go-to so that they can fix your pieces to perfectly fit you!
- frayed edges. These edges are definitely my number detail when it comes to cut-off shorts! The more frayed the better!
- patches. Have fun and buy some already with patches (like these that I’m wearing!) or add some of your own for a more unique look!
PAIGE ‘Verdugo’ deconstructed jeans
PAIGE ‘Martine’ top
ISABEL MARANT ‘Bekett’ wedge sneakers (love these lower top versions)
ELISABETH WEINSTOCK ‘Sydney’ tote