I love a good ol’ striped top. It’s one of the most classic items you can have in your wardrobe that is versatile, effortless and kinda sexy if you ask me. A must have staple!
I stock up on striped tops in different colors, styles and fabrics because it’s one of my favorite pieces of clothing to have- it’s also one of my favorite things to pack when I travel. A stripe top always make for a good photo, especially anywhere in europe for their amazing backdrops! Paree, anyone? Or Venice maybe? Plus, it’s a seasonless piece that you can wear year round.
This knit one from Storets is a bit different from all the other ones I have. It snugs you on all the right places and it’s so comfy and warm. I thought pairing it in a more laidback-cool kind of way to attend a creative meeting, visit a museum and do a little shopping would get me through the day quite stylishly!
Here are some easy tips to style stripe tops:
- Converse and rip jeans are always a great combo to combine together with stripes
- A touch of leopard is a great way to bring in contrast & print.
- Wrapping a bandana around your neck adds a cute detail.
- A utilitarian jacket gives such a off-duty vibe.
- A wrap around plaid shirt around the waist is the perfect way to add a bit of grunge
- Floral print gives you more of a pretty feminine touch.
There’s an endless amount of ways you can style your stripe top! Don’t be afraid to have fun and experiment.. or keep it classic and pair it with your favorite basic pieces.
STORETS lucky stripe knit top
ZARA leather mini skirt
SAINT LAURENT boots
NSF button up shirt (used as wrap-around)